So here's my latest attempt at something new in the sewing world. My gym bag finally needed to be tossed, so I made up the pattern as I went along. I had found this awesome fabric and didn't know what to do with and realized it would make a great gym bag. It's just a basic size, at least it is now. When I first sewed it, it was huge, but after a little creative cutting, it's the size you see below. It has pockets on both the inside and outside. There is a lid and have added buttons to keep it closed. I used medium weight interfacing, but it wasn't sturdy enough so I added in after the fact, fusible fleece. I now know what I would do differently, so the next one will be much easier!
Here's with the top sewed on.