So you know those nights right? The nights where you wake up to the sound of crying. So you go in to find a little face in distress and feels like you can fry and egg on their forehead. Well that was last night. We gave Tylenol, got 5 hours. Woke up to administer more and was immediately thrown up on. Placed in cool bath, changed, put back to bed. “Mummy, I don’t want to sleep alone”, so guess where I “slept”. So one could say I’m a tired mum today! So that’s one kid.
The other kid is A-Ok but it’s summer vacation and she’s spent every day playing with her friend from next door. This is the most time they’ve spent together and are two very strong willed little girls. Needless to say, there are disagreements. So we separated them today. Abby was not happy about this.
After the second showing of Megamind, I needed a change or I was going to start screaming. “Ok, what do you want to do?”…”cupcakes”…”what kind”…”strawberry”. DONE!
These are a little different then the other ones I made. These are a lot lighter.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar (again I used apple vinegar )
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl gently beat together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, vinegar, and vanilla with a handheld electric mixer. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet and mix until smooth and thoroughly combined. Fold in strawberries
- Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake tins. Bake in oven until toothpick comes out clean, about 20mins. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
I frosted with lemon buttercream, basically that’s a regular buttercream recipe but instead of milk, used lemon juice.
The girls are happy with their creations. I’m still super tired and it’s date night. We were suppose to play tennis but I think a nice quiet dinner out will be perfect!
Thanks for looking!
Party Mindie Style
Chic & Crafty
Recipes to Run On
Show Off Your Stuff - Fireflies & Jellybeans
Little Brick Ranch Foodie Friday
Melt in Your Mouth Monday
Made by You Monday
Tea Party Tuesday