Every time we stop at Starbucks there is a treat called a dream bar but it’s a rice krispie treat with little marshmallows in it. What kind of dream is that??? My dreams always include chocolate, so I came up with this…
Here’s what you’ll need:
- brownies (recipes here)
- Chocolate mousse (recipe below)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 6 oz melted semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 oz sugar
- over double boiler melt the chocolate, set aside
- Whip egg whites until soft peaks, add sugar and continue to beat until stiff peak
- Whip whipping cream
- Add 1/3 of the whip cream to the chocolate until combined.
- Fold in egg whites and then add the remaining whip cream.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in double boiler, set aside.
To make dream bars, once brownies are cooled, cover with mousse and chill for an hour. Cover with melted chocolate, chill until sets.
To slice, heat knife for a clean cut. And enjoy!
Thanks for looking!
Joy Of Desserts
Melt In Your Mouth Monday
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Tuesdays At The Table
Hearth & Soul Blog Hop