Last week at the grocery store they had apple cider on sale. I love it but apparently I’m the only one :(
So I decided I’d use it in a recipe and since the girls like cupcakes why not make Apple Cider Cupcakes. I also had some leftover pumpkin puree, so I used it instead of the oil in the original recipe.
Recipe: Apple Cider Cupcakes (adapted from Epicurious.com)
- In a large saucepan boil the cider until it is reduced to about 1 1/2 cups and let it cool.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat together the puree and the sugar until the mixture is fluffy and beat in the eggs, 1 at a time.
- Into the bowl sift together the flour, the cinnamon, the baking soda, and a pinch of salt, stir in the reduced cider, and combine the mixture well.
- Divide the batter among muffin tins and bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- This made about 21 cupcakes.
I used candy melts and a Halloween icecube tray for the toppers! Don’t they rock :)
Thanks for looking!