Ok, so this isn’t exactly Christmassy but more of an anytime, anywhere kind of treat that is great for parties! Like last night. We were invited to our neibourhood Christmas cookie swap and along with the cookies I thought this would be a great event to break out the crack…I mean Toffee Graham Cracker Bars :)
My first encounter with these little devils was at a girls spa party in Ottawa. A friend of a friend brought them in and the rest of us hovered the dish until they were completely gone. They taste like more!
- 1 sleeve of graham crackers
- 1 1/2 sticks butter (6 oz)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Line a pan (10x12) with foil.
- Arrange a single layer of graham crackers
- In saucepan, combine butter and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla. The mixture will pop and bubble so be careful because the sugar is HOT!
- Add almonds and stir.
- Pour hot mixture over graham cracker base and spread evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350F
- Remove from pan immediately and place on flat surface (not a cooling rack, I used my cutting board but a back of another cookie sheet will work)
- When cool, break off into smaller pieces and enjoy.
- If you can only eat one, you are a better person than I :)
The party was too fun, our neighbours are awesome. But apparently my girls had another thought for the evening. After several “stop running and don’t play under the furniture” they knocked over our host’s Christmas tree smashing several balls and breaking the tree itself. Good times! I was so embarrassed but our hosts were very gracious. Thanks Angela and Jeff! Our girls on the other hand felt I was the meanest person on the planet because I wouldn’t let them have any more cookies and made them go straight to bed.
The cookies at the swap were tons of fun, and I came away with several ideas. Maybe next year we won’t destroy the house…if we are invited :)
Thanks for looking
Crazy Sweet Tuesday
Tea Party Tuesday
Get Your Craft On
Tuesdays at the Table
Hearth & Soul Blog
Tuesday To Do Party
Mrs Fox's Sweet Party
Let's Do Brunch
These Chicks Cook
Share the Wealth Wednesday
Full Plate Thursday
It's a Keeper Thursday
Catch a Glimpse Thursday
Sweet Treat Thursday
Chic & Crafty