Wow, it’s Wednesday already. I’m sorry I haven’t been around much but life just gets in the way. I wish I could say it’s because orders have been flooding my inbox, but alas that is not the case. I do have a few things to post later this week but first we must get to the day at hand…Treat Day!
Today’s treat is brought to you by the Pillsbury Halloween Treat Magazine and Rowan. She felt a little slighted after missing out on last weeks RKT mummies, so I gave her today’s pick.
And this is what she chose!
I know the picture is not great but it has rained here for the last 3 days and as a pretty sorry photog, you gets what you get! However he is pretty cute and she’s super proud of him!
Here’s how you make him:
- Halloween Oreo cookies, the ones with the orange centers
- Orange M&Ms, these are from the candy corn bag
- String black licorice. I couldn’t find any so we used bigger ones and I cut them into strips.
- So cute your licorice into legs. Insert into Oreo centre,
- Use some royal icing to adhere the eyes. Rowan added some licorice to the top of the eyes for a more eerie effect, but it’s optional and,
- You are done!
Simple, cute and who doesn’t love an Oreo. Oh, by the way, the orange tastes just like a regular Oreo!
Thanks for looking!
Here’s Rowan eating hers, kind of: