Oh yes, I pumpkinized treat day but shhhhh don’t tell the kids:) Well not yet anyway.
Sometimes you gotta do whatever you can to get them to try different things. To Abby and Rowan these are just chocolate chip cookies and the girls just gobble them up. What they really are, are pumpkin in place of half the butter, so in fact they are low fat oatmeal chocolate chip cookies :)
Is it wrong to lie to your kids? Absolutely! I totally told them what was in them after they said they loved them.
- 1/4 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Cream butter, pumpkin and sugars until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients.
- Using a small ice cream, scoop onto baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool
These cookies are delish (the dough is pretty awesome too, yes I ate some. Don’t judge). So next time you make cookies, replace half the butter with pumpkin. Trust me!
Thanks for looking!