Guess what? I’ve jumped on the salted caramel band wagon and I’m so glad I did! I just decided to use my never fail brownies and then jazz them up a wee bit. I blame Melissa at The Baked Equation.
So who’s been to Trader Joes? If you can, go and buy their caramel sauce. Why try to make it, when you can buy an uber tasty one from there or apparently from Amazon . I mean, you could make your own but the point of treat day is for fun and EASY treats. Plus I know my kids like it :)
Once baked and drizzled with caramel, I used this fancy sea salt my mother bought for me and have never used.
Salted Caramel Brownies:
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- Caramel Sauce (Trader Joes)
- Course Sea Salt
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter.
- Add sugar and cocoa and mix until combined.
- Stir in eggs.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes in a 9” x 13” x 1” dish until tester comes out clean.
- Heat up caramel sauce and then drizzle on brownies while still warm. Sprinkle with salt.
- Let cool and serve!
These are divine!!! I had to have a quality control piece ;)
Did you see these, I mean really??? My quality control test subject didn’t last long.
I’m trying to be better about posting the treat day treats. Life has been crazy.