This year I made the traditional and not-so-traditional! First up is the standard and to be honest my least favourite. Abby and Rob love pumpkin pie. Abby actually circled the table until she got some.
Yup those are maple leaves circling the outer edge!
Pumpkin Pie recipe! thanks Martha Stewart!
- 1/2 batch pate brisee
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- Roll out pate brisee and place in pie plate. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Remove set aside.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in bowl until smooth.
- Pour into pre-baked shell.
- Lower oven temp to 325 and bake until custard is set. Around 45 minutes.
- Cool completely
You could serve this with whipped cream, which was my intention but forgot. Ooops! I had a few on this day! Thank god for wine :)
My favourite holiday dessert includes apple. Up next Caramel Apple Bundt Cake…stay tuned!
Thanks for looking!
The Kurtz Corner
Tea Party Tuesday
Get Your Craft On
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Hearth & Soul Blog Hop
Tuesday To Do
Crazy Sweet Tuesday
Let's Do Brunch
Share the Wealth Wednesday
Recipes I Can't Wait to Try