I did have an awesome treat day planned but then remembered an equally awesome idea from Cheryl at Tidy Mom. So I’m combining my Treat Day Wednesday with her Love the Pie Day.
So in honour of the two great days, I give you mini lemon pies.
Recipe: Lemon Curd (adapted from the Joy of Cooking)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- In a medium sauce pan, whisk eggs, sugar and lemon until lightened in colour.
- Add lemon juice and butter.
- Cook over medium heat until the butter is melted and the mixture thickens, simmer gently for a few seconds.
- Pour mixture through a sieve to make it a smooth curd.
- Let cool, cover and refrigerate to thicken.
- Add to a pre-baked mini pie shell (I used store bought).
- Drizzle with white chocolate!
That’s it, it’s so simple.
Thanks for looking.
Let's Do Brunch
These Chicks Cook
Recipes I can't Wait to Try
Full Plate Thursday
It's a Keeper Thursday
Sweet Treats Thursday