I’m trying to make simple, somewhat healthy desserts lately. I mean I love a good old fashioned fatty, ooey gooey goodness dessert but since we are trying to be better I thought why not change up desserts.
Now apple and blueberry is probably one of my favourite fruit combinations especially when baked. The apples get sweeter and the berries get tarter and the mixture is divine! Add a little oatmeal streusel on top takes this dish a little farther!
- 4 apples
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- Slice the top of the apple and core out the centre.
- In separate bowl, mix oatmeal, flour, sugar and melted butter.
- Add blueberries to oatmeal mixture.
- Scoop mixture into centre of apples
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes
- Serve warm!
These are so delicious and relatively healthy. If you like your apples a little softer than bake longer. I like a little crunch to mine.
Thanks for looking!