A day late and a pint short! (pun intended) :) Sorry, life got in the way yesterday but I’m here and this is what we had!
Every time I make ice cream or just eat ice cream, I always seem to have the ice cream song in my head! I love this part of summer, not the heat or the humidity. I know I live in the hottest place ever!
So for yesterday’s treat I used up the rest of the blueberries we picked and went with a classic. Blueberry Ice Cream! I also get to use my awesome ice cream maker which I think I’ve used 4 times in the year I’ve owned it (hangs head in shame).
This is a super easy recipe.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (I’m sure you can use frozen)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 cups half and half cream
- 1 cup blueberries
- In large saucepan, combine blueberries, sugar and water.
- Bring to boil.
- Once sugar is dissolved, pours blueberry mixture through a sieve and discard skins and seeds.
- Let cool a bit, add 1 cup blueberries and the cream. Mix gently and store in fridge overnight.
- Pour into ice cream maker and use as directed.
- Store in air tight container in freezer for up to a week.
I can’t even begin to tell you how amazing this flavour is. The whole blueberries are little frozen pops of awesomeness (yes that’s a word). I couldn’t get Rowan from sticking her fingers in it when it came out of the ice cream maker. And the thought of having to wait until it really firmed up in the freezer almost killed her (and me a little bit). Then of course life got in the way and I forgot about it until my mother called and asked if everything was ok because my Treat Day post wasn’t up…oops! Ah well, the trials and tribulations of a blogger who is also a stay at home mom. Sometimes the floors need to be washed, laundry done and kids fed before you can sit down at the computer to write a post. So here I am on Thursday morning doing just that!
Hope everyone has an awesome day and you totally need to make this!
Thanks for looking!
I’ve linked to these awesome parties