Today is not only Treat Day but it’s also a Snow Day!!!! ok, I’m not that excited about it but everyone on our street is uber excited. They all want to spend all day outside. I guess after 40 years of 4 months of snow each year, it’s not that big of a deal to me. The girls are loving it too!
So what do you make on a snow day???? Well lemon bars of course! I decided to try a new recipe. It all started with some Nilla wafers and some lemons. 40 minutes later these came out of the oven.
- 1/2 package Nilla wafers crushed
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- Juice of 2 lemons plus the zest of one lemon
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- Mix the butter and crushed Nila wafers and press into an 8” square pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Combine the eggs, lemon juice, sugar, flour and zest together. Pour over baked crust and put it back into the oven for 20 more minutes.
- Let cool and then slice into bars.
These are divine! Simple, clean and wondrous, just like fresh fallen snow!
Thanks for looking!