I’m back, for today. Big news, we are moving. Nothing drastic really but we’ve decided that we want more outdoor space. So baking and blogging will be sparse for a while. You know the drill when you are trying to sell a house. You must live in a home you can’t actually live in. Good times indeed.
So for some fun, I made these giant garbage cookies. Meaning they are big cookies with tons of stuff from the pantry thrown in for fun :) I saw a version on the Pioneer Woman’s show and I liked the concept so I made my own version. I started with her base and then used what I had. Her version is awesome too but we are a nut free house, not because we have to be, just because no one but me likes nuts.
Recipe: (inspired by Ree Drummond)
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups rice krispies
- 1/2 cup m&ms
- 1/2 cup large chocolate chips
- ideas you could throw in: raisins, chopped nuts, dried fruit, different flavoured baking chips (PB, white, caramel, etc), just have fun with it.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cream butter and sugars together. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder, soda and salt until just combined.
- Add the rest.
- Using a 1/4 cup ice-cream scoop, place 1 1/2” apart on a parchment or silpat covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 12mins or until golden brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!
I wasn’t sure about the rice krispies but I really like the extra crunch they give. I may add them to different drop cookies from now on.
So I hope you enjoy these as much as the girls and I do.
Thanks for looking!