This might be a day late in posting but these treats were definitely on the counter when the girls got home from school yesterday. This is also another treat made with what I had on hand in the fridge and pantry. My favourite kind.
We, as you may know, are selling our house. So baking and cleaning as you go bites. I feel like you just can’t get into baking without making a mess. Have you sold a house? If so, then you know what I’m going through. I mean I’m not a dirty person, lazy maybe, dirty no. But when you have two hundred pounds of dogs, two kids and a husband; it all makes for an unreasonable amount of cleaning when there could be a showing at any moment. It’s also very stressful and when I’m stressed I bake and there you see my dilemma. Good times indeed :)
I may not be blogging or baking cookies regularly but I wanted to keep the Wednesday treat day going for the girls. Plus I happen to have an hour to sit down and write the blog post. Yay me!
Here it goes! Lemon Curd Cheesecake Bars
- one package graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- one 8oz package softened cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pulse graham crackers and sugar until finely ground.
- Add melted butter until they graham crackers come together.
- Press into 8” square pan. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cheesecake ingredients.
- Pour on top of graham cracker crust. Bake for 17-20 minutes until cream cheese is set. Let cool.
- In medium saucepan. Whisk together the eggs, sugar and lemon juice. Add the zest and butter. Turn onto medium heat and cook.
- Continually whisk until the mixture thickens. Pour mixture through a mesh sieve to remove any larger bits. Cover with plastic wrap and store in fridge until cool. 30-40 minutes.
- Pour curd over cheesecake and chill for at least an hour.
- Remove from fridge and cut into bars.
Now these are some tasty little treats. Little bars of sunshine.
Whilst I don’t recommend living through the sale of a house if you are a baker but I do recommend these bars!
Thanks for looking!