I know I’m shocked too, two weeks in a row for Treat Day. Crazy!
Now it’ll be hard to follow up after last weeks super successful donuts post, but I’ll try. The next couple of weeks are going to get pretty crazy around here. Two very dear friends of ours are getting married on different weekend and in different countries. One is happening in High Point, NC and the other is in Ottawa, Canada and of course I volunteered to make a little something for each :) When they are done, I’ll be sure to post.
Anyway, I wanted to make sure I continued my Treat Days, but I also wanted to make sure I made something super simple. I went to Pinterest for some inspiration and I kept seeing all kinds of different bars. But they also seemed really labour intensive for the amount of time I had put aside to make today’s treat. Then I went to the pantry and four ingredients caught my eye. Chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, sweetened condensed milk and nilla wafers. OOOOOOH I know fudge but then turn it into a bar with the nilla wafers. Yeah baby!
So here it goes. Super Simple, Easy Peasy Fudge Bars!
- 10 oz chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 box nilla wafers
- 1 stick melted butter
- In the bowl of a food processor, grind wafers. Add melted butter.
- Press into 9” square pan that you lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, melt chips and milk together until smooth.
- Pour over wafer crust and smooth out.
- Drizzle with white chocolate. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.
See, super easy!
The girls both gave these a thumbs up! So that’s pretty impressive since they tend not to like the same things ever.
I hope you’ll give these a go because every one loves easy peasy recipes!
Thanks for looking!