Yesterday’s baking was all for me :)
I usually try to make stuff that my family, specifically my girls, will like. But I wanted chocolate cupcakes and I’ve always wanted to try Glory’s from Glorious Treat’s Perfectly Chocolate Cupcakes. So that’s what I did!
What can I tell you about this recipe? Well they are delicious!!! I mean really really good and best of all I had all the ingredients in my pantry so they were done in no time.
Recipe: Perfectly Chocolate Cupcakes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa (best quality available)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (best quality available)
- 1 cup boiling water
- Prepare muffin tins, I used both small and normal size. pre-heat oven to 350*F.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat for one minute.
- Stir in boiling water (the batter will be thin, don't worry, this is right).
- Fill liners 2/3 full with batter. (Glory recommends you pour using a spouted dish, use something reasonably small as I used an 8 cup measuring cup and “some” got all over the place, hehe)
- Glory also says bake cupcakes for approximately 22-24 minutes, mine were closer to 20mins. I guess it all depends on the oven
- Cool completely then decorate!
I also got a package from Global Sugar Art this week too and I wanted to play with that as well. I made up some fun gum paste adornments. I’ve always loved it when decorators add butterflies, so I had to get one, plus some funky letter cutters.
I made some two-bite ones (24) and full size (16). It’s a nice size batter.
I also put our first initials on some cupcakes for fun! I’ll probably be the one that eats them all as I’m the choco-holic in the family!
Thanks for looking! and Thanks Glory for a fabulous recipe!
I'm Loving It
Sweet Tooth Friday
Sweets for Saturday
Party Mindie Style