The last thing I wanted to do yesterday was turn on the oven but I also didn’t want to use my brain to hard on dinner. So I decided on an old stand, Karen’s Parmesan Chicken.
So let me tell you about this dish. Rob asked one day several years ago “what’s for dinner?” and instead of smacking him I walked upstairs (Kitchen was upstairs in that house) and I pulled out what I had. Now why I had some of the things in the pantry is still a mystery to me, but there you go. A dish was born. Not sure why we call it chicken parmesan as it has 3 types of cheeses. I guess because it’s easier to say than chicken in panko crumbs with tomato sauce and 3 cheeses.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bottle favourite tomato sauce (I’m using an organic tomato basil)
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In ziploc bag add flour, salt and pepper. Place chicken in bag and coat.
- Dip coated chicken in milk then cover in dry panko crumbs.
- In oven dish (7” x 14”) pour small amount of sauce to coat bottom of dish.
- Place chicken in dish.
- Cover with more sauce.
- Place as much cottage cheese over the chicken.
- More sauce and then a slice of cheese over each slice.
- More sauce and then add the parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes.
It’s so simple and tastes so good. Sometimes the oopsy recipes are the best!
Thanks for looking!
Hunk of Meat Monday
Melt In Your Mouth MOnday
Let's Do Brunch
Full Plate Thursday