Now that the pink is gone, at least in food colour, I thought I’d make a fan favourite. Chocolate Mousse!
It’s one of my favourite food groups ever and yes it’s a food group. Don’t judge :)
I also wanted to make it a little more fun for the girls so I made edible bowls. I have done the balloon method before but wanted to try the chocolate box technique. I used tiny plastic cups and drizzled chocolate to make the cups. Stuck them in the fridge and then popped them out when set. Aren’t they cute!
- 6 oz melted semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 oz sugar
- over double boiler melt the chocolate, set aside
- Whip egg whites until soft peaks, add sugar and continue to beat until stiff peak
- Whip whipping cream
- Add 1/3 of the whip cream to the chocolate until combined.
- Fold in egg whites and then add the remaining whip cream.
So grab a spoon and join us! The mousse takes about 15 minutes to make. So come on and enjoy some treats with us today!
Thanks for looking!
Mix it Up Monday
Full Plate Thursday
Sweet Treat Thursday
It's a Keeper Thursday