I was asked to make tennis balls for an order for the bakery and I could have totally made them pretty simple/flat, but after watching SweetAmbs’ tutorial on making a fuzzy teddy bear I knew what I needed to do!
As a tennis player, I felt the need to make these look pretty real. Here’s how I did it!
What you’ll need:
- circle cutter
- yellow flooding icing
- white piping icing
- Size 1.5 PME tip
- Size 4 PME tip
- Food ready paint brush
1. Make, cut and bake circle cookies. Outline each circle in yellow icing and then use white icing add the seam of the tennis ball.
2. Fill in the tennis ball in yellow.
3. Let dry overnight or in front of a fan for a couple hours until completely dry. Using a paintbrush and dab yellow icing all over the yellow flat of the cookie. The more you dab the more you get a fuzzy look.
4. Let dry and go over the white seam with another layer of white.
5. Add you embellishments if needed.
I love the way these turned out. My hubby wasn’t so sure about the fuzzy but once they dried they were exactly what I wanted. So I guess what I’m saying is that a flat tennis ball cookie is fine, but to make it a little more real, fuzzy is the way to go!
Thanks for looking!