I’m back, sorry. Super busy here at the homestead but I do have a little something to share. Now I made these a few weeks ago and they were just delicious. I gave a few to a friend down the street and she said these were the best she’s ever had, so there you go!
I love granola bars but know that deep down they ask like they are good for you but really they aren’t. I decided to make my own. I tried to cut the sugar and oil and keep them yummy.
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place oats, almonds and coconut on ungreased sheet pan and bake until golden brown. About 10 minutes. Set aside in large mixing bowl.
- In medium sauce pan, melt butter and mix in honey, sugar, vanilla and salt. When sugar is dissolved, pour over oats mix.
- Once all coated add the chocolate chips. Don’t freak out when they melt, that’s the trick!
- Pour the mixture onto a sheet pan that’s been covered in foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Makes it very tricky to get out if you don’t. Press down to get it flat.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove and let cool before cutting.
- Keep in air tight container for up to two weeks. In my opinion they get better with age :)
So there you have it, super easy and super tasty. I may have eaten them all because I used really dark chocolate and the girls prefer milk chocolate. It might have been intentionally, hehe. Also, each slice was less than 100 calories :)
I have some cookies and cakes to share but want to make sure the intended see them first. Have a great weekend!
Thanks for looking!